Metaldye Black WH
Metaldye Black WH is a general purpose black dye. The dye bath is stable against contamination by drag-in of sulfates or aluminum salts from the anodizing electrolyte.
|Physical appearance:||Black to dark grey powder|
|Chemical description:||Mixture of azo dyes|
|Light fastness:||6 - 7|
|Heat fastness:||120° C|
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DETAILS:
|Anodic coating thickness:||15 - 25 microns|
|pH range:||4.5 - 6.0|
|Dye bath temperature:||50° - 60° C|
|Immersion time:||10 - 20 minutes|
The dyed oxide film must be properly sealed properly using a hot sealing product, from ALFISEAL products range, for best result.
1) Ammonium compounds shall not be used for controlling of the pH or to buffer dye bath solution.
2) The presence of ammonium compounds in the sealing solution may cause leaching and loss of color.
3) Use sodium acetate for dye buffer.
4) Adequate care to be taken for proper rinsing to control drag-in for optimum tank life.
5) Dye may be dissolved separately outside the dye bath. Use demineralized water for better dye bath stability.
6) The life of dye bath is reduced by water containing ammonium.