Metaldye Black LSB
Metaldye Black LSB is a very stable dye in powder form for coloring thin anodized film. It gives fast striking neutral black shade on aluminum. It is highly recommended for exterior applications due to its outstanding light fastness, weathering and heat resistance. Due to high concentration of dye, the consumption is much lower than other black dyes resulting into lower cost of black anodizing of aluminum. Metaldye Black LSB offers good leveling even at short immersion time.
|Physical appearance:||Black to dark grey powder|
|Chemical description:||Metalized azo dye|
|Light fastness:||8 +|
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DETAILS:
|Anodic coating thickness:||10 - 25 microns|
|Concentration:||8 - 10 g/l|
|pH range:||5.5 - 6.0|
|Dye bath temperature:||60° - 70° C.|
|Immersion time:||5 - 10 min. for normal applications|
The dyed oxide film must be properly sealed properly using a hot sealing product, from ALFISEAL products range, for best result.
1) Ammonium compounds shall not be used for controlling of the pH or to buffer dye bath solution.
2) The presence of ammonium compounds in the sealing solution may cause leaching and loss of color.
3) Use sodium acetate for dye buffer.
4) Adequate care to be taken for proper rinsing to control drag-in for optimum tank life.
5) Dye may be dissolved separately outside the dye bath. Use demineralized water for better dye bath stability.
6) The life of dye bath is reduced by water containing ammonium.