Metaldye Black 2LW
Metaldye Black 2LW produces a Blue-Black color. At medium concentrations it is used for Blue-Grey and Midnight Blue shades.
|Physical appearance:||Black to dark grey powder|
|Chemical description:||Metalized azo dyes|
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION DETAILS:
|Anodic coating thickness:||5 to 25 microns|
|Concentration:||1 - 10 g/l|
|pH range:||4.2 - 4.8|
|Buffering:||Sodium Acetate or Acetic Acid|
|Dye bath temperature:||55° - 60° C.|
|Immersion time:||5 - 20 minutes|
The dyed oxide film must be properly sealed properly using a hot sealing product, from ALFISEAL products range, for best result.
1) Ammonium compounds shall not be used for controlling of the pH or to buffer dye bath solution.
2) The presence of ammonium compounds in the sealing solution may cause leaching and loss of color.
3) Use sodium acetate for dye buffer.
4) Adequate care to be taken for proper rinsing to control drag-in for optimum tank life.
5) Dye may be dissolved separately outside the dye bath. Use demineralized water for better dye bath stability.
6) The life of dye bath is reduced by water containing ammonium.